Protecting the future of UK sheep farming
Worm resistance is a problem that the vast majority of sheep farmers are all too familiar with. The problem is that the signs and symptoms are visible only after the damage is done and productivity and performance have already been affected.
Our Wake Up To Worm Resistance campaign raises awareness about the issues surrounding worm resistance so that the whole industry acts today and doesn’t 'sleep-walk' into the problem of anthelmintic resistance before it’s too late. It follows industry endorsement in 2020, where NSA, Moredun, SVS, SCOPS joined together to urge sheep farmers to incorporate the new wormer actives (4-AD, monepantel, Zolvix™ and 5-SI). Read the information in full.
This campaign builds on this message of waking up to resistance, by using the testimony of real farmers to demonstrate why investing in a 4-AD wormer like Zolvix is so important. Its an investment not just for short-term results, such as fatter and healthier lambs, but for the long-term well-being of both flock and farm, helping to safeguard your legacy for future farming generations and the UK sheep farming industry as a whole.
See the difference that using Zolvix has made to farmers Gregor and Neil, and why they genuinely believe it's Worth Every Penny.
- Wales Against Anthelmintic Resistance Development (WAARD) Final Report 2015.
- SCOPS Internal Parasite Technical Manual
- Initial assessment of the economic burden of major parasitic helminth infections to the ruminant livestock industry in Europe – ScienceDirect
- Preventive Veterinary Medicine, Vol 182, September 2020, 105103
- National Farm Research Institute Market Research 2021 Zolvix Brand Health and Key Messages for Farmers
- SCOPS Using Group 4-AD and Group 5-SI anthelmintics